Saturday, June 28, 2008

Watched a HIM today!

We've been vacationing in Sunriver this past week and unbeknown to us we were here for the Pacific Crest Weekend Sports Festival. This morning they had a half marathon, full marathon, endurance duathlon and a half-iron triathlon. I decided to be at the finish line when the tri was finishing and it was sooooo inspirational. It has been hot here this week and you could tell that the athletes were wiped out from the intense sun.

I also checked out the clothing that most triathletes were sporting. Lots of one piece tri suits and some women were running in just swimsuits. Many very spiffy bikes as well.

All shapes and sizes of people were competing. It is wonderful to see that those who compete aren't all skinny-minnie sixpack hardbodies. Lots of regular looking folks.

Anyways, it really got me very jazzed about the upcoming race. I was starting to loose a bit of steam about it, but now I'm psyched. Time to step up my training and find a real bike...

Steph

1 comment:

Kelly(M&M) said...

That sounds so cool, Steph! I have heard great things about that event. How fun to see it up close. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Keep us posted. When are you wanting to train? I am going to plan on doing the bike/run tomorrow at 6am. Be there or be square!