Monday, June 30, 2008

I have to kick it into gear!

I have had a hard time training on my trip to Texas. It is so hot and humid here that running is a very difficult thing. I have not stuck to the training program as well as I should have with the hot weather and my kids getting some strange sickness with a trip to the ER (they are better now). I could give a ton of excuses but now I just need to step up and kick it into gear when I get back to Portland. I have done a lot of swimming in my parents' pool, I have to swim at least 80 laps to get in 25 minutes of swimming. I have ran a little and biked on their stationary bike but now I am ready to really train. Let me know when and where you are training the rest of the week and starting Wednesday I will be there.

As for what I wore for the triathlon last year, I swam in my suit with my bike shorts. I wore a sports bra under my suit. For transition 1 I pulled down my suit, put on a dry shirt, socks and shoes and I was off. I did wear a race number belt. The lake was warm enough so I did not wear a wetsuit. The Luna All Womens Triathlon is low key, women just go out and have fun. It reminded me of the same attitude as the Hippie Chick. It really did not matter if you had a "fancy" bike, everyone was just there cheering each other on. There were all shapes and sizes with a lot of kids cheering their moms on. There is a mini triathlon for kids, I am thinking of signing Baylee up for it. My neighbors' kids all did it last year and loved it.

I am excited to train with you all when I get back in town and get to know you all better.

2 comments:

Marnie said...

I am planning on swimming for 30 min. tomorrow morning and then running for abut 30 min. if anyone wants to join. I plan on being in the pool at 6AM

Kelly(M&M) said...

Mindy, it is HARD to run in Texas. I spent a summer there and just ran on the treadmill, and even then, only a teeny bit. I basically gave up! Good for you for keeping the swimming going. We were all trying to catch up to you anyway. :-)