Saturday, June 21, 2008

I bought a bike!

So, it is not a road bike- I am not quite ready for that commitment financially!! It was a bike listed on Craigs List that happened to be around the corner from my house. The owner works with my neighbor in the fire department and they are just a nice couple. The bike is a mountain bike with road tires and no shocks and suspensions- thank goodness! The gears felt smoother, the bike is lighter, and I think it will be a good bike for me as I am trying to figure this whole thing out.

So, I will probably still not be able to keep up with my friends on road bikes, but I will feel much better. I am ready for my next bike ride!

Heather and I did Roy Rogers on Friday, and I will admit it was very tough for me. I was going way too slow for Heather. I look forward to trying it again on my "new" bike!

How was everyone else's week?

5 comments:

Molly said...

I'm so glad you found a bike Kelly! I think it will really make a difference for you. I'm going to do track work Monday but will do the 50 minute bike ride tuesday. Danielle wanted to go up Kruger and around lebeau! Sounds like a killer ride. Anyone up for it?

Kelly(M&M) said...

Hey, I am in for a bike ride Tuesday. Kristie also wants to join us but would prefer to start at 6:30. Will that work for you? We had talked about doing Scholls Ferry again, but I am up for Lebeau.

I am excited to use the bike!

Molly said...

Turns out Lee has his weekly safety meeting tuesday morning which means he needs to be in by 6:00. I'll probably just do it that evening now. Evening though it makes me nervous riding with more traffic. I'm still so wobbly on my bike.

Marnie said...

Molly (or anyone else who would like to)-
Do you want to ride together tomorrow evening? I was thinking about going around 6:00 and then doing Yoga at 7:00. I can be flexible though.

Molly said...

Of course you can be flexible, you do yoga. hee, hee! Aren't I funny? That sounds great. I need to be back at 7:00 cuz Lee has a church meeting. Can we meet about 10 to 6 so we can hit the road at 6?