Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Biking-woo hoo!

Well, I am starting to get a little more optimistic. :-) Kristie and I biked Brookman today which was the very first bike I did a month ago. I am happy to say it was MUCH easier today. She also convinced me to ride up Sunset which I have been avoiding, and it was not too bad either.

In other good news, I had a great run yesterday after my swim. (Only bad part: I was all alone, hint hint!) One of my silly fears is that I would lose the speed that I was finally starting to get when I was just running. I was able to run 3 miles in 25 minutes and I was thrilled! I was also exhausted!

I hope everyone else is doing well.

Kelly

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Awesome Kelly! I'm glad to hear you and your bike are becoming better friends.

Did you get road tires for it? Have you seen a big difference in times when you did that? I'm looking into it.

Also, did you get a tri suit? What kind? Care to show pics?

Steph

Kelly(M&M) said...

Hey Steph,

The bike came with road tires, but they are not slicks. I saw a huge difference when I switched bikes and I think it was mostly due to the tires. I think slicks would even help more. (I think a $1000 bike would help more, too, but out of the question!) I think Heather and Marnie both saw a huge difference also.

As far as the tri outfit, I think I just rushed into the decision. :-) I biked in the shorts today and I loved it, no soreness like I normally have. The shirt is a little more revealing than I like, so let's just say I am working on my arms and abs a little more and eating a little less food so I can feel more comfortable in it. It covers me, it is just tight. The reason I like the outfit is because I don't need to change clothes at all between events. I was having a hard time putting on a sports bra when I was wet, ha ha!

So, no pics yet, but I do recommend the shorts!

Okay, there is my long reply! I hope we get to meet up to train one of these days!